Sugar became the villain a few decades due to the ever increasing cases of diabetes and obesity. Now people choose on a daily basis, products that are “sugar-free” and still sweet. Few ever question the source of that sweet taste.
A very dangerous chemical, present in almost all diet drinks and foods, is the highly toxic chemical aspartame. Aspartame is not immediately toxic upon entry into the body which is why people believe it is safe. Aspartame very quickly metabolizes into aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methyl alcohol, and then further metabolizes into formaldehyde, formic acid, and a diketopiperazine which are highly toxic, collectively affecting the body and the central nervous system in several ways. The by-products of aspartame affect brain neuron activity, and also damage the lining and other parts of the brain.
Of particular concern in recent years has been the dangers of airline pilots drinking diet drinks before flights and on an ongoing basis resulting in a wide range of serious incidents. Respected neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock reported:
“We continually receive complaints from pilots about seizures, cardiac problems, vision loss, vertigo, confusion, disorientation, etc. associated with consumption of aspartame or NutraSweet or Spoonful or Canderel or E(951.
Aspartame is a compound of phenylalanine, aspartic acid and a methyl ester which converts to methyl alcohol after digestion: wood alcohol, 1 ounce is a fatal dose, then into formaldehyde!
I have reviewed reports from airline and private pilots concerning effects of aspartame on various physiological systems. Several of these are related to the nervous system, which puts this in category of great concern to the pilot as well as the general public. The more common complaints include disorientation, difficulty thinking and concentrating, visual blurring or even monocular blindness, seizures and heart failure. It is well known that the ingredients in aspartame, as well as its breakdown products, have deleterious effects on the nervous system and retina.
Dr. Blaylock concludes: Finally, a scientific study demonstrated that aspartame exposure significantly increases the level of formaldehyde in all tissue, including brain and retina and that this breakdown product of aspartame is very toxic to proteins and DNA, leading to permanent injury to these vital cellular components. Even more important, was the finding this highly toxic
substance accumulates in these tissues with chronic exposure to aspartame. This could lead to significant injury to the brain, retina and other organs long after the exposure. Also, the effects appear to be dose related. That is, the more aspartame you consume, the greater the danger. It should be appreciated that formaldehyde is a powerful carcinogenic agent.
My book, Excitotoxins, The Taste That Kills, explains in detail how excitotoxins damage the nervous system, leading to severe disorders, and what can be done to reduce your risk. It is my opinion that aspartame is a dangerous neurotoxin, as well as a significant carcinogen to many organs, and that it should be avoided at all cost.”
I am sure I need add no more to the above. Diet drinks, chewing gum, ice cream, yogurt, breath mints, hard candy, jellies and foods containing aspartame are, in the long term, as dangerous as eating rat poison, and should be avoided, and never, ever fed to children under any circumstances.
So why is aspartame allowed to be included in drinks and foods? After 16 years of rejection for health reasons, aspartame was allowed by the American Food and Drug Administration as safe for human consumption.
Knowledge is power! With all thy getting, get knowledge about health and take control of your health. With perfect health you become unstoppable!